A state budget panel doled out $175 million for 238 local projects, and some of that money is South Florida-bound.
The Local Support Grants Program allowed lawmakers another venue to get federal funding for local projects, some of which Gov. Ron DeSantis vetoed earlier. Seven-figure projects include:
• $3 million improvements for NW 59th Avenue in Miami Lakes
• $2 million for Hialeah sewer works
• $1.64 million for the Miami-Dade’s Florida Martin Luther King, Jr. Institute for Nonviolence
• $1.5 million for the private university, Palm Beach Atlantic University’s Center for Financial Literacy
• $1 million for veterans’ access clinic at Nova Southeastern University
– Anne Geggis, Florida Politics