In advance of New Year’s Day, the South Florida Bureau of Florida Politics listed the 10 most important stories from the region in 2022. They include:
10. Broward County Sheriff Gregory Tony faces ethics issues.
9. Miami-Dade County Commissioner Joe Martinez booked on felonies, removed from office.
8. Miami approves $1 billion soccer complex with David Beckham group.
7. Miami-Dade Commission overrides Mayor’s veto, moves development boundary.
6. Miami’s crypto dream pixelates.
5. More disruption on the Broward School Board.
4. Lauren Book’s seat defense exposes cracks in the Democratic dam.
3. Parkland shooter verdict roils victims, prompts calls for change.
2. South Florida continues shifting red.
1. Feds search Mar-a-Lago.
– Jesse Scheckner, Florida Politics