Come join us and participate in this year’s 37th Annual Coastal Cleanup held on Saturday, September 17, 2022, from 9am to 12pm! Email coas[email protected] to register. Download, print and sign the Coastal Cleanup Liability Release Form. Bring the form to the registration table at the site you are attending.
Cleanup locations in Broward County include:
• Deerfield Beach – Take Hillsboro Boulevard to A1A and turn right (south). Turn left on S.E. 1st Street and park across the street from the Fire Station. Sign in and pick up a parking pass (limited number available) at the chickee hut. Place the parking pass on the dashboard of your vehicle for the duration of the Cleanup.
• Deerfield Island Park – Take Hillsboro Boulevard to Riverview Rd. and turn left (north) and follow the road to the end which is Sullivan Park. Parking is free at Sullivan for 3 hours if you enter your license plate number into the meter. Deerfield Island Park is just across the canal. A free shuttle to Deerfield Island Park is available for those wanting to cleanup the shoreline and will run from 9 am until 4 pm. Volunteers can participate either on shore or by kayak/canoe/waterboard. Some kayaks are available from the Park, but on a first come basis.
• Pompano Beach – Sign in at Pavilion #1 south of the pier and pick up a parking pass (limited number). Place the parking pass on the dashboard of your vehicle for the duration of the Cleanup. Parking is at the grass lot north of Atlantic Blvd with entrance on A1A side, address: 20 N South Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach. Do not back in your car! Please note the parking passes are not valid for the parking garage or any other meter.
• Lauderdale-by-the-Sea – Sign in at El Prado Park, approximately two blocks north of the pier. Parking is available at the El Prado lot or Town Hall (across A1A).
• Oakland Park Blvd. – Sign in at Earl Lifshey Ocean Park located at the end of Oakland Park Blvd., east of A1A. Limited parking is available at the lot on the SE corner of A1A and Oakland Park Blvd.
• Hugh Taylor Birch State Park – When you arrive at the gate, tell park personnel you are participating in the Coastal Cleanup. At the first STOP sign make a right for parking at the Hammock Lot. Registration is at the picnic tables by the marina before the Park & Ocean Restaurant.
• Fort Lauderdale Beach – Registration table is at South Beach Park, at the picnic tables north of the restrooms. Parking passes are available at the table for parking only at the Beach Lot (700 Seabreeze, Fort Lauderdale).
• Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park – This Cleanup site is pending. Should the event happen here, when you arrive at the gate, tell park personnel you are participating in the Coastal Cleanup. Once in the park, make your first left and sign in at the Marina Pavilion.
• Dania Beach – Currently, this location will not be used as a Cleanup site for the 2022 event.
• Hollywood Beach North – The Cleanup site is at North Beach Park at the end of Sheridan Street. Currently the Sheridan St. bridge is closed to vehicles and foot traffic. This site can be accessed from the north via Dania Beach Blvd. to A1A or the south via Hollywood Blvd. to A1A. When you arrive at the gate, tell park personnel you are participating in the Coastal Cleanup. Sign-in station is halfway down the park on the right (east) side.
• Carpenter House/Marine Environmental Education Center - The Carpenter House is hosting this Cleanup event site. The event registration table is on the back patio of the house. There is no free parking. Currently the Sheridan St. bridge is closed. A1A can be accessed from via Dania Beach Blvd. or Hollywood Blvd.
• Hollywood Beach Central – Park in the garage at the south end of the Oceanwalk Mall, located at A1A and Hollywood Boulevard. Sign-in is at the Oceanwalk Mall outdoor pavilion. A limited number of discounted parking passes are available. To receive the parking discount, you must leave the garage by 1:00 PM or you will be charged the full price for the entire time!
• Hollywood Beach South – The Cleanup site is at Keating Park at the end of Magnolia Terrace; 301 Magnolia Terrace, Hollywood. No free parking is available.
• Hallandale Beach – Sign in at the registration table located at South City Beach Park, 1870 S. Ocean Drive. Parking is free at the Park during the event.