Twenty-six people applied to become Broward County Public Schools’ (BCPS) Superintendent, but the district’s search consultant shared that the political climate here is hurting the search, WLRN reports.
The district has lost two Superintendents in two years. The search consultant said that 15 of the current applicants met minimum qualifications. Of those, he said he was confident that only two of them could do the job.
Leading candidates are:
– Peter Licata, regional Palm Beach County schools superintendent
– Jason Nault, associate superintendent for Waukegan, Illinois schools
– Luis Solano, deputy Detroit schools superintendent
– Valerie Wanza, acting Broward County schools chief of staff
– Anne Geggis, Florida Politics